Providing Legal Protection For The Workplace
Are you an employee facing discrimination at your job or an employer being sued for breach of a contract’s severance agreement?
You can put the law on your side — starting today. In Union County and the surrounding areas, the attorney who protects clients’ rights, in and out of court, and has for more than 30 years is Lawrence N. Lavigne.
Today’s uncertain economy is nothing to trifle with when your career as a worker or future as a business owner is at stake. Lawrence N. Lavigne will use his decades of experience, proven legal skills, client-focused dedication and reputation for results to safeguard your interests against those who would discriminate against you, harass you or wrongfully terminate you from a job you are doing well.
A Depth Of Experience With Employment Issues
Our attorney excels at representing people just like you in practice areas that include:
- Discrimination on the basis of gender, race, national origin, age, disability and injury, pregnancy, marital status, or sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment and hostile workplace claims
- Wrongful termination for an illegal purpose, such as discrimination
- Whistleblower and CEPA matters
- Retaliation claims, such as demotion, failure to promote or termination due to reporting an employment law violation or whistleblowing
- The negotiation, drafting and review of severance agreements and severance packages
- The negotiation, drafting and review of confidentiality, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements
- The representation of public employees in employment-related matters
- Civil rights issues involving the violation of constitutional rights at the workplace
- Employer counseling
Mr. Lavigne conducts trials and appeals in state and federal courts in all of these areas. He also handles a variety of matters before state and federal agencies and counsels corporate clients in matters that include product recalls.
Do I Have A Case?
If you were fired, demoted or otherwise treated poorly at work, you may be wondering if you have a legal claim against your employer. While each case is fact-specific, there are some general guidelines that can give you insight into whether your rights have been violated. Learn more.
Talk To Us About Your Issue
If you are seeking legal representation or have questions about our services, contact Union County employment law lawyer Lawrence N. Lavigne to discuss your employment law issue in detail and in confidence. You can reach our New Jersey office toll free at 908-349-1066 or by sending an email. Consultations are free. Se habla español.